We are one of the accountancy firms in Jersey that offers complete services for companies, irrespective of the industry in which they activate.
We focus not only on accounting, but also audit, business advisory for financial purposes, and taxation in general.
Our tax advisor in Jersey is able to provide clarifications on Jersey’s tax neutrality and how your company will be subject to reporting matters.
Our Jersey company formation specialists work closely with our chartered accountants in Jersey to provide complete services to local and foreign investors or sole traders.
You can reach out to us if you already have a business in Jersey or if you plan to incorporate a company in the Channel Islands and benefit from the tax neutral regime.
The decision to open a company in Jersey is one that comes with many different advantages. Once the company is duly registered, investors will enjoy the tax neutrality of the jurisdiction, as well as a certain level of privacy. Working with a local team of experts and professionals who offer dedicated services is always advisable, especially for those foreign investors who wish to leave the management of their company into capable and trusted hands.
Working with a local team of dedicated accountants is also advisable for those who are interested in company formation in Guernsey, the smaller of the two Channel Islands. If you would like to incorporate in Guernsey as opposed to Jersey, our team can give you complete details about the process. Investors should be mindful of the fact that the registration of the business is done by a licensed agent. If you need accounting services in other countries, such as UAE, we can put you in touch with our local partner-accountants in Dubai.
Table of Contents
Services offered by our accountants
Our accountants in Jersey can help you with:
- Accounts management: tracking the financial operations of the business using reliable accounting software;
- Preparing and submitting the accounts: drawing up and preparing the company’s accounts in accordance with the annual reporting requirements;
- Forensic accounting: our chartered accountants in Jersey offer complete assistance in case of fiscal investigations in case of money laundering accusations or in other complex situations;
- Others: services related to internal controls for the business, depending on the field of activity and particular financial situation.
|Recording all financial transactions, handling accounts receivable and accounts payable, reconciling bank, credit card, and merchant accounts|
|Salary calculation, employee payments, income tax deduction from the salary on behalf of the employee|
|Preparing and issuing invoices, invoice tracking, overdue invoice reporting|
Collecting and managing cash flows derived from the activities of the company, bank reconciliation
|Reporting||Assistance for preparing the annual financial statements according to the type of company
(especially for public companies)
Evaluation based on key issues such as revenue, profits, operational efficiency, capital efficiency
Our accountants in Jersey can assist with professional services in case of legal proceedings involving fraud or money laundering
|Tax compliance||Tax filing and payment as needed to allow clients to avoid any unnecessary penalties for late or incomplete payments or filing|
|VAT compliance and reporting||
Assistance for registration for the Goods and Services Tax (GST), filing and reporting on a quarterly basis
|Audit offered by our accountant in Jersey||Company accounts examination and auditor’s report prepared in accordance with the Companies Law|
|Property financial matters||Real property tax compliance, according to the tax set depending on the rateable value of
the concerned property
|Compliance with the adopted generally recognized accounting framework, usually the UK GAAP and IFRS|
|Tax authority assistance||Representation in front of Revenue Jersey, the Comptroller of Revenue|
|Support for voluntary dissolution||Assistance for calculating liabilities, settling the debts towards creditors, distributing the remaining assets to shareholders|
Services for foreign companies offered by our accountants in Jersey
|Foreign company taxation principles, information on the full or partial double taxation agreements signed by Jersey with other jurisdictions|
Other services offered by our tax advisor in Jersey include:
- Payroll: managing the monthly payments to the employees, making social security payments, making deductions, calculating and paying bonuses;
- Tax compliance: our accountants in Jersey can make sure that your comply complies with the tax filing submission deadlines so that you can avoid unnecessary penalties;
- Tax registration: we can also assist companies that need to register with the local tax authorities;
- Audit: we are one of the accountancy firms in Jersey that provide audit services, as needed according to the type of company.
You can reach out to our Jersey company formation specialists if you have questions about any of these services.
If you want to set up a company in Jersey, we recommend that you discuss any tax questions or concerns you have with one of our team members. We can answer questions about the taxation of companies, as well as about the taxation of individuals who decide to relocate to Jersey and are wondering how their passive income in their country of origin will be impacted by this decision.
Taxation in Jersey
Being a low tax jurisdiction, Jersey imposes the following taxes on companies:
- 0% standard corporate income tax rate;
- 10% corporate tax rate for financial service companies;
- 20% tax rate for utility companies;
- Large corporations that have a cumulative retail turnover in Jersey of £2 million or more are subject to variable corporate tax rate of up to 20%.
Our tax advisory in Jersey can provide you with more information about taxation according to the business field in which you activate.
Other taxes include the goods and services tax, which has a standard rate of 5% for most types of goods and services.
We are one of the accountancy firms in Jersey that offer services to both companies and individuals.
As far as individual taxation is concerned, the following rates apply:
- 20% maximum personal income tax rate;
- an exemption threshold applies to individuals with a low income;
- those who have a low income that does however exceed the exemption threshold will be required to pay personal income tax, however, it will not amount to 20%.
You can reach out to our chartered accountants in Jersey for more information, including about deductions or allowances that can be claimed in Jersey.
We provide complete registration and accounting services to local and foreign companies in Jersey, including branches.
Our team of lawyers is able to answer any questions regarding business and corporate regulations, the applicable tax laws, or other relevant laws.
Investors who set up a trust in Jersey enjoy a good regulatory and tax regime. However, should you have questions about the tax implications, or how this investment vehicle can be used for tax planning and asset protection, our accountants will answer questions about these issues. You can reach out to our incorporation experts for more information about trust creation.
You can contact our accountants in Jersey for more information about our services, as well as personalized solutions or services.